PM 599: Sustainable Development & Health: Perspectives from Costa Rica
May 23-June 4, 2020
• Learn about how climate change, environmental degradation, biodiversity loss, migration, sustainable development, and human rights impact planetary and human health–using Costa Rica as a living example!
• Led by Professor Mellissa Withers
• 4 units offered
• Stay in 3 different locations- San Jose, San Vito, and Osa Peninsula
• Visits to local health clinics, public health research institute; governmental public health agencies, NGOS, the Inter-American Court of Human Rights, the national children’s hospital, a palm oil plantation, Ministry of Health, the Panama border, and indigenous communities
• Option to stay longer to travel, study Spanish, or complete a practicum (Spanish preferred)
• Approx. cost is $1,500 plus tuition & airfare from US (includes lodging, meals, domestic flight, tours & more)
• No Spanish required. All graduate and medical students welcome!
• Sign-up by March 15, 2020. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org